Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lemon Garlic Tilapia: Recipe #1

Hello Bloggers! Happy Hump day! 

From time to time I'll be posting some of my favorite recipes that I've used, discovered, created or have been given. I'll try to do this at least once a week and tag it for easy searching later. I've used this recipe with Tilapia (of course), but also with Cod and Catfish. Blogger Note: Cod, depending on the size will need to cook longer, about 20-25 minutes at a 400 degree oven. I've also altered it with Hatch peppers...yummmmm Hatch peppers...so experiment! Don't be afraid, it won't bite :)

Try it tomorrow and let me know how you like it!

Lemon Garlic Tilapia

Ingredients:

4 Tilapia fillets
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Margarine (The recipe originally calls for Country Crock Sheds Spread)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
Dash of salt
Cayenne pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 400
Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
Melt butter in microwave
Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and parsley and sautee for a few minutes
Pour over tilapia fillets in baking pan
Sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top of fish
Bake in preheated over for about 13 minutes (see above note for cod bake time), and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. 

Number of services 4.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:
Fat: 6.2g
Carb: 1.8g
Calories: 128.5
Protien: 18.2g






*Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNAGUERRA

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious Heath! I don't actually use margarine, but I could try it with the Land o Lakes "fake" butter or with real butter and just adjust the calories accordingly. Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete